- Volunteer and Member Engagement Strategy
- About Us
In times of tremendous change, organizations have a choice: endure change … or embrace it. JFFixler Group believes that embracing change ensures organizations not only survive, but thrive for generations to come. Embracing change means creating a culture of innovation—a culture in which staff and volunteers or members participate in a dynamic exchange of ideas; new initiatives are piloted, assessed, improved, and replicated; and organizational practices are nimble and responsive to the ever-changing economic, demographic, and social landscapes.
Embracing innovation means being able to:
- Harness the talents and skills of a passionate volunteer corps or membership.
- Encourage staff and volunteers to generate new ideas and collaboratively address problems.
- Increase efficiency, effectiveness, and capacity through the application of new institutional best practices.
Through our work with many multilevel, national organizations, JFFixler Group has developed a model that uses pilot projects to innovate new volunteer engagement practices, enhance organizational learning, and ensure powerful results over the long-term.
Through pilot projects, organizations:
- Practice new skills, techniques, and new volunteer engagement tools and strategies
- Serve as learning models to determine which strategies work best and which are replicable and sustainable for the organization
- Facilitate ongoing assessment and evaluation
- Identify champions and leaders as the initiatives are implemented and replicated more widely
- Build strong, collaborative, effective joint staff and volunteer leadership teams
- Create change in a risk-tolerant environment
- Involve a wide array of volunteers and staff from the initial design and throughout the process
The volunteer engagement pilot process includes:
- Discovery and assessment designed to understand current organizational trends, practices, and attitudes toward engagement
- Support and training on volunteer engagement and pilot design
- Pilot launch and support including a training institute for pilot project participants, follow-up webinars to reinforce learning, and customized coaching for pilot teams
- Project evaluation including the development of an overall project report assessing the impact of pilot initiatives and recommendations for future organization-wide implementation